Slitting Machine Operatives
S & L Personnel are leading recruitment business with offices throughout the Midlands. We are currently looking to source a Dispatch Operative for our client based in the Hinckley area. Do you have previous experience working as a Dispatch Operative, if so, we have the perfect opportunity to work with a fantastic growing company, Working as part of a team to maintain disciplined and efficient goods inwards and warehousing operations to ensure the business achieves the highest possible standards of productivity and efficiency and provides excellent customer service.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures as well as legal regulations to ensure all tasks are completed to expected safety and quality standards and a safe and hygienic working environment is maintained.
- Operate counterbalanced forklift truck / pedestrian stacker to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count materials.
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles.
- Performing goods inwards / outwards inspection and report any defects to inline coordinator.
- Record material/product information, update paper and computer based stock systems to maintain accurate records relating to all stock transactions.
- Undertake periodic stock takes.
- Perform daily equipment safety checks.
- Maintain material handling equipment by recharging, cleaning, oiling, refuelling and other necessary actions, and record all information on log sheet and report any defects to inline coordinator.
- Participate in training activities as part of Company policy and programme of continual improvement.
- Feeding machines and putting off-cuts away into locations.
- Must be flexible / opened minded and take on any ad-hoc tasks as required.
Skills, Attributes, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Essential;
- A confident and enthusiastic personality
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Disciplined and conscientious approach to work with a good attention to detail
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Pegasus, Opera and Microsoft Excel software
- Knowledge of BRC and BSI Audits & Accreditation Standards
- Counterbalance Forklift Truck License
The hours are 08:00 until 16:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 until 13:00 Friday, with 30 Minute unpaid break each day apart from Friday due to earlier finish time
This is a great opportunity to work in a clean modern environment with new high end market leading machinery. We are looking for people with a good work ethic, who can work using own initiative and would like the opportunity to be taken on permanently by the client.
To apply please call Danielle on 01455 847956
Job Location : Hinckley
Job Sector : Engineering