Job Search | Start looking now...
Are you an experienced Pattern Cutter looking for work in the Barwell area? If so, this is the role for you!
S&L are a leading recruitment business with offices based throughout the Midlands.
We are currently recruiting for a candidate interested in fashion and the textile industry, and ready to take on a new challenge. This is a temp-perm role. The working hours are Monday to Friday, either 08:00-16:00 or 09:00-17:00.
Key Roles/ Responsibilities:
– Interpreting fit comments and translating into pattern amendments, ensuring final garment are as required on spec.
– Creating first pattern from sketches when is needed.
– Understanding of how fit amendments can impact on cost and ensuring styles are re costed and production and design team are informed about the changes.
– Liaising with designers and garment tech providing creative input as required to ensure patterns work perfectly. Always thinking how to make the garment easier for production and with a good finishing.
– Offering constructive advice to resolve fit and production issues.
– Prioritising effectively and ensuring patterns and sample are ready on time.
– Putting toiles into work where required, to ensure patterns will produce correct samples.
– Checking the correct fabric for the style and putting the garment to be cut.
– Measuring samples and checking the fitting ensuring they are correct before sending to the costumer.
– Ensuring sealed samples are correct, as required by the costumer, and can be followed for production.
– Creating make up sheets and updating workbooks.
– Ideally 3 years experience in high street fashion – womenswear (mainly woven).
– Excellent pattern cutter skills.
– Complete understanding of fit and garment construction.
– Understand the production process thoroughly.
– Excellent knowledge about stitching and garment finishing.
– Able to work in a fast paced environment and meet the goals.
– Pro active and good in find solutions.
– Strong time-management skills.
– Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
– Be a good team player able to liaise with other departments.
– Enthusiastic and confident.
To express your interest in this role, please give the Hinckley branch a call on 01455 847 956 and ask for Imogen.