Operations and Distribution Assistant
Are you a keen and reliable Administration assistant that would like to work for a growing business in the packaging industry? If so, this is the job for you!
S&L are a leading recruitment business with offices throughout the midlands.
The company you will be working was established in 1985 and has a multimillion pound turnover. The Head office is based on Bardon Business Park in Coalville.
The company supplies quality retail packaging products, ranging from luxury paper to high-density polythene bags, and also offers jewellery and cosmetic packaging and accessories
- Plan and carry out distribution activities to agreed volumes and timescales. Ensure jobs realised and orders are delivered on time in full within agreed parameters.
- Manage/liaise with stock control, warehousing and distribution partners influenced by or reliant upon distribution activities. Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles export activity and procedures.
- Follow up request for quotes from internal and external customers and liaise with distribution partners to provide speedy and competitive responses.
- Develop and maintain a computerised job database for distribution to monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends and results to provide relevant management information.
- Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant distribution procedures and restrictions.
- Develop ideas and create proposals for streamlining our distribution in terms of service enhancement and total cost reduction.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality customer service and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with others.
- Reliable, tolerant, businesslike and determined. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Must have clean or near clean driving licence
The right candidate will be expected to be familiar with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, use of PDF software, electronic scanning, photocopying and maintaining electronic folders and files. Experience on Sage or or CRM Software would be beneficial.
For more information please call the office on 01455 847956 to speak with Imogen.
Job Location : Coalville
Job Sector : Administration