Job Search | Start looking now...
S & L Personnel are leading recruitment business with offices throughout the Midlands. We are currently looking to source a Construction Materials Technician. My client is a UKAS accredited construction materials testing laboratory based close to Syston, Leicester. A vacancy has arisen for a Construction Materials Technician to join them on a full time temporary leading to permanent basis.
As a Construction Materials Testing Technician, you will be responsible for testing new and existing highway construction, including constituent materials and giving an accurate report for its compliance with specification.
Your key activities will involve:
• Ensuring site and/or laboratory testing is carried out safely and to the correct industry standards.
• Ensuring that all records are completed adequately and to standards required by my client.
• Communicating with both internal and external clients and reporting any issues encountered.
• Ensuring all test equipment is maintained, clean and calibration status is current.
To be considered you must have:
• Full UK driving licence essential as the role can involve working on site as well as the laboratory
• The ability to work in any condition
• The passion to learn and progress.
• CSCS card is an advantage but not essential
• Basic GCSEs : Grade C or above in Maths & Science
The role offers a pay rate of between £8.50 and £10.00 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. You will work Monday – Friday (40 hours basic plus overtime) with the requirement to work nights and weekends as needed (to be booked in advance) and paid at a premium rate. A vehicle is provided for company business.
You will ideally have a background working in the elements outside with site experience and surveying capabilities. Experience not essential as full training will be given.
?To apply please call Lia on 01162 601437